Sunday, July 17, 2016

“It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.” -Paulo Coelho

The Importance of Journaling:

So what are some of your dreams?  Big or small, far away or near, new or old?  Are you living for yourself or for another person?  Is your day filled with adventures or are you just going through the motions?  Write down some of your dreams, it does not matter if you write them down in the comments on this blog, on your Google Drive, in a hand-written journal with an old quail's feather... Really, it does not matter, just write them down somewhere.

Having a personal journal is a great way to free your mind from emotional negativity; do not be shy though, write down whatever you are thinking, which could be your ambitions, what you like/dislike, what you did all day, how you get lost in negative thoughts sometimes.  This is your chance to not be shy and be completely vulnerable.  I find it sad that in America we place so much emphasis on physical health and pay almost no attention to emotional health.  It is not uncommon for people to go see a doctor for a yearly physical checkup, but how many people do you know that went to get a mental health checkup?  My guess is not many, if any at all.  I have been through times in my life when I was severely depressed, on the point of committing suicide.  While I take the blame for not reaching out for help sooner, no one ever took the time to just stop and ask me to be vulnerable with my emotions.  Alas!  Without turning this into a sob story, I would just like anyone reading this to realize that you do not need be afraid of being vulnerable!  That is the one mistake I made and I want to never see another person be affected by their thoughts.

Check out how cute the size of a Japanese fire truck is to help lighten up the mood:

Pic taken from: http://www.firetruck-photos.net/country/show/130


Jot it Down!

So please, take to the comments, or where you want, and free your mind of all your thoughts.  Be vulnerable, there is no reason for you to worry about what anyone else thinks.  There are so many dreams that we all have but never get to reach just because we are bogged down by our thoughts.  Start your path to having a happy, clear, and enriching life right now.  Just jot it down already!

This buddha is huge, just like your dreams!
 He also is probably way too chilled out for his own good.


My Jots (Pun intended)


One of my dreams is to live in Japan and work alongside the Japanese people.  Traveling for a month in Japan as a tourist has left me with a strong desire to go back and experience the culture by living in it and being an active participant in their way of life.  However, I am faced with push back from some of the members in my family.  It would be nice if they understand my intentions and trusted my decisions.  I guess you cannot please everybody..  I met some wonderful people in Japan, and I wonder if those people are still going to have the same feelings towards me if I return.  There are a couple of opportunities that I could have if I choose to stay in America, but those opportunities are not going to give me the same cultural experience I would get by living in Japan.  I guess growing up and living in one place throughout your whole life leaves you with a desire to search out new experiences.  Anyways, I hope that I can stay strong, trust my gut, and persevere through any criticism.
-JGP


No comments:

Post a Comment